Tuesday 20 July 2010

Things I have done so far this summer

Last week we had a gig at MRBLHAUS. Here's the flyer I made for it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was really good, nice people, nice atmosphere. The world is not flat! were magical in our little echoey basement with fairy lights and pom-poms all around. The surprise of the night was the Louche FC who only asked to play at the last minute, everyone was proper into them, they're all fuzzy and 60's http://www.myspace.com/thebicyclethievesuk . All the other bands were brill too, Debbie of The Awkard Turtles/Strums of Indigo, or 'Deorah' on 'ere brought her bags and necklaces and broaches which I would buy had I any money.

After how rad that one was we're probably going to put on more gigs so if you'd like to come and play in MRBLHAUS basement you should ask and if you're good we'll make something happen.

Today I got some lino-cutting things and did a little one of a nice fractal-y leaf that I took a picture of once in a garden centre.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finally, here is an illustrated article on making damson gin that I've done for an upcoming edition of 'The Shrieking Violet'. Of course it has to look good in black and white mainly, but I tried to make it look nice in colour too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment